Location: Yakima, WA
Job Type: Executive Management Nonprofit
Employee Type: Full-time, Exempt
Req'd Education: Bachelor's preferred
Req'd Experience: 3 - 5 Years
Manages Others: Yes
Relocation Covered: No
Industry: Non Profit
Under the direction of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director acts as the Chief Administrative Officer directing and managing the day-to-day business affairs of the Yakima Schools Foundation. The Executive Director is responsible for facilitating all development and fundraising efforts to advance the foundations growth and development.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Community Development - promotes and represents the YSF within the community.
· Yakima School District Liaison - promotes and represents the YSF within the Yakima School District. Works with the YSD Superintendent and other administrative staff regarding YSF programs and special projects.
· Fundraising - works with event chair/co-chair to establish event timeline and ensure adherence to the timeline in order to achieve budgeted financial goals.
· Donor Development - develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major individual and corporate donors. Cultivate a database of potential new individual, corporate and in-kind donors.
· Endowment Development - build a database of individual and corporate donors, grants and other sources of funding in order to increase the value of the YSF Endowment Funds.
· Grant Development - research and develop a database of grant opportunities available to the YSF. Prepare, submit and track the outcome of grant proposals.
· YSF Office - first point of contact for the foundation. Answer phone calls, voicemail and email. Process incoming mail and requests. Maintain office space, equipment and supplies.
· Financial Management - budgeting and accounting, monthly financial activities, and tax reporting obligations of the Foundation.
· Fundraising - actively participates in all fundraising events. Provides administrative support to event chair/co-chair and committee.
· Meetings of the Board and committees - prepare meeting agendas and packets for delivery to Board and committee members prior to the scheduled meeting.
· YSD Grant Funding / Allocations - YSF contact for teachers and administrators regarding the YSD Grant Program and system. Maintain accurate and complete records of the Allocations Program.
· Scholarships - facilitate annual scholarship awards.
· Recordkeeping - maintain all files and records of the YSF in an organized and efficient manner.
· Annual Calendar - maintains and updates the YSF annual calendar.
· Strategic Planning - assists in establishing short and long range goals of the YSF.
· Communications - Prepare and/or edit internal and external correspondence including letters, faxes, emails and memos.
Experience and Qualifications
Bachelor's Degree preferred but not required.
Three to Five (3-5) years development/administration/office-management experience or combination of relevant work experience and education. Non-Profit experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
Strong administrative, organizational, time management and leadership skills.
Proficient in commonly used computer applications including Microsoft Office, Outlook, Adobe, Internet and Social Media.
Knowledge of Quickbooks, Mail Chimp and Go Daddy website management a plus.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Effective promotional skills including working with the press and media.
Ability to make effective and decisive decisions.
Demonstrates competent fiduciary responsibility.
Proven track record in fundraising, grant writing and fund development.
Self-motivated, result oriented with the ability to prioritize work flow and work effectively with minimal supervision.
Ability to interact effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
Valid Washington State Driver’s License and Evidence of Insurability/Insurance required.
A combination of office-based work setting and attending off site meetings and events.
President of the Board of Directors
College interns and volunteers
Salary is DOE.
Healthcare allowance, Sick Pay, Vacation, Holidays
How To Apply
Interested applicants must submit their resume and cover letter to YSFBoard@gmail.com by the
primary consideration date of March 9, 2018.
Executive Director Job Description